Install Enigma 2 On Your Miraclebox 6 HD PVR (1st)Dual Boot

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

After much trial and error I finally managed to install a dual boot of Enigma 2/Octagon SF918 SE+ on the Miraclebox 6 HD PVR 1st gen. In this post I will write a tutorial on how to do this.

Things you will need: PC/Laptop with Internet access

A USB Pen Drive Preferably larger than 1GB

A Null Modem Cable (Also a USB to Serial for those who do not have DB9 on PC)

Patience ;)

Step 1:

First of all you will need to follow this tutorial viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2540 here and Install the Octagon 918 SE + firmware on your box. The Firmware can be found here http://fortisclub.com/en/file/item/down ... 21116.html.

Once the firmware is up and running you will be good to continue to the next step.

Step 2:

Download (PKT_SF918SE+_E2_HAARP_v3c_Image_HDCLONE) from here http://www.2shared.com/file/CZhEh-VH/PK ... Image.html. Save it to your desktop and then extract it. We will use it shortly... It is packed with both the firmware for the usb stick (Enigma) and the Loader software.

Next you will need to download HDclone from wherever you might find it (Torrent search might help) Once downloaded extract and install HD clone to your PC.

Now Turn off your receiver by unplugging it. Plug your Null modem cable in to the pc and the receiver. Open the Folder that was first extracted to you desktop and extract (Loader_changer_for_SF918SE+_v1.2) Open the folder and then run the loader app click connect and plug the power back into the box. Once that is done and it shows ''connected'' at the lower left then we are good. Leave it for now. Open the same folder and extract the PKTloader. Open the extracted folder and copy the file to your USB. Note that for this step the USB pen drive must be formatted to FAT file system. Plug the USB out of the PC and plug it into the back of your receiver. Head back to the PC and click on the Load PKTloader 6.2 button. It will load, The lights on the box will then flash and when green you can close the software. In the same folder there is a guide to follow if I have not been clear enough. Once you have loaded PKTloader to your box we can then setup the USB stick to be able to boot enigma 2 from it.

MINI HOWTO

Install E2 by HDCLONE

1. Run HDCLONE

2. Put USB stick in PC Port

3. Press Recovery

4. choose SF918SE+_GIT-3279_PKT-1342.img

5. choose your USB stick where you want to install E2

6. Press Next

7. Press Apply adjustment

8. Press Start copying

9. Press adjust automatically after copy finished

10. Final screen:

Now you are able to boot from this USB pen drive and enjoy all the Benefits of the Enigma 2 Image on your

Octagon 918 SE+

Fortis HS-7110

GoldMaster 1040/1045

Optibox Gekko

Rebox RE-2200

Skyway Light

HD Box FS-7110

Openbox S4

ICom HD-1070

Dynavision DV-5000

GI S8580

XCruiser XDSR 380

Dreamsky HD4

Supermax 7100

SkySat Mini

Icecrypt S3500

Miraclebox 6

Vegasat X1

Atemio 500/510

HAVE FUN Friends! Any Questions feel free to ask!

Posted · Report post

Note: by missing your box in this way you are able to boot enigma 2 without having to hold the channel down button on your receiver. All that is needed is to boot your box with the usb pen drive plugged in. If you would like to boot normal software, unplug the pen drive before booting. Again if any are stuck I will be glad to help. This method is user friendly and no matter what you will not be able to brick your box. If you would like to remove the mod just remove the PKT loader with the software you used to install it and the with boxtool select your original reseller id and roll back to original software..

Posted · Report post

Note: by missing your box in this way you are able to boot enigma 2 without having to hold the channel down button on your receiver. All that is needed is to boot your box with the usb pen drive plugged in. If you would like to boot normal software, unplug the pen drive before booting. Again if any are stuck I will be glad to help. This method is user friendly and no matter what you will not be able to brick your box. If you would like to remove the mod just remove the PKT loader with the software you used to install it and the with boxtool select your original reseller id and roll back to original software..

Edit, by modding, not missing! My bad

Posted · Report post

Does this really work? Seems nobody has tried. Any advantage over MB firmware? Any bugs?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Posted · Report post

Does this really work? Seems nobody has tried. Any advantage over MB firmware? Any bugs?

Yeah Rodak, Works like a charm. I must say that the Miraclebox 6 has greater performance being booted this way. I have been using it now since this post and have not looked back. If you guys want I can upload a video or pictures for you all.

The advantages and benefits of enigma 2 are as follows:

Better support, PKTeam are working on and upgrading their software daily! Long list of apps to install. Apps that dreambox uses can be run on your old, under-powered Miraclebox. I would recommend this to all who ask about it! For those that are tired with the M6 epg that is very limited, Enigma 2 gives you a seven day epg on most satellites and is also extremely customizable. You can also skip the HDclone process and transfer the .IMG and the uImige directly to a usb that has been formatted fat32 and then plug it into your machine and power up. Works like a charms. Basically what this hack does is brings us from a 32MB flash memory to the 256MB.

It is completely reversible, All you would need to do is boot without the usb, open boxkit and choose Miraclebox then flash the original image back to the box. Nearly impossible to brick it.

Hope you'll give it a try mate

Posted · Report post

Do you really have to flash the octagon firmware first?

Posted · Report post

There is a simpler way without having to use the null modem cable :)

You just have to update your bootloader to 6.46. Then you can run enigma without having to patch 6.40 loader.

To update the bootloader you have to run octagon 918SE+ firmware since miracle probably wont release 6.46 bootloader to this box. I guess they want to sell more of the new model and use E2 support for marketing purposes.

When the bootloader is updated then you can simply boot E2 from usb stick without having to use HDCLONE. Simply put E2 files on a FAT32 formated usb stick and go :D

PKTeam´s E2 seems outdated and i will try HDMU release tonight if I get the time.

Short howto run E2 on MB6:

1. Download BoxKit and change your reseller id to Octagon 918SE+

2. Install Octagon 918SE+ firmware

3. Update bootloader to 6.46

4. Put E2 files on a FAT32 formatted usb stick (root.img and uImage)

5. Power down your MB6 and put your usb stick in the back.

6. Press and hold channel down to boot E2

I will hopefully write a more detailed step by step with links to the necessary files when i get the time.

Posted · Report post

There is a simpler way without having to use the null modem cable :)

You just have to update your bootloader to 6.46. Then you can run enigma without having to patch 6.40 loader.

To update the bootloader you have to run octagon 918SE+ firmware since miracle probably wont release 6.46 bootloader to this box. I guess they want to sell more of the new model and use E2 support for marketing purposes.

When the bootloader is updated then you can simply boot E2 from usb stick without having to use HDCLONE. Simply put E2 files on a FAT32 formated usb stick and go :D

PKTeam´s E2 seems outdated and i will try HDMU release tonight if I get the time.

Short howto run E2 on MB6:

1. Download BoxKit and change your reseller id to Octagon 918SE+

2. Install Octagon 918SE+ firmware

3. Update bootloader to 6.46

4. Put E2 files on a FAT32 formatted usb stick (root.img and uImage)

5. Power down your MB6 and put your usb stick in the back.

6. Press and hold channel down to boot E2

I will hopefully write a more detailed step by step with links to the necessary files when i get the time.

Thanks for that mate. At the time I made the tutorial, only the HDclone images were available for download. Now that it is more supported and PKteam are working daily on the less common boxes I see there are alternate ways of doing things. The method you state now are for the .img files that can be downloaded from pkteam website and I must say the run a whole lot faster and more securely than the HDclone method. Thanks for that!

Posted · Report post

Another reason I used the serial cable/Null cable modem is because there is a higher risk bricking your box with the usb upgrade method, (for those that are new to the sat mod scene). With a null cable the software automatically declines any incompatible software and allows you to try something else whereas if you would do it via usb it will flash regardless of what software you are trying to install. For example, You use box tool and install the re-seller ID for the icecrypt 3500 then install the icecrypt 3000 software for some reason or another or by mistake. You will have bricked and will then have to recover via null modem anyways

Posted · Report post

Another reason I used the serial cable/Null cable modem is because there is a higher risk bricking your box with the usb upgrade method, (for those that are new to the sat mod scene). With a null cable the software automatically declines any incompatible software and allows you to try something else whereas if you would do it via usb it will flash regardless of what software you are trying to install. For example, You use box tool and install the re-seller ID for the icecrypt 3500 then install the icecrypt 3000 software for some reason or another or by mistake. You will have bricked and will then have to recover via null modem anyways

Yeah, but you can't install the bootloader image if it don't fit the software. I tried the bootloader image on miracle software but it refused to install. So I think the usb method is pretty safe if you are not a complete noob :-) Where du you find updated PKT images? Right now I use HDMU image and I don't really like the key mapping. Short press on power button don't work for example. But HDMU is the most up to date image that I can find. Pkteam.pl only have images from mid 2012. Can those images be updated from inside the software while it's running?

Posted · Report post

My man here are a few sites you can try. The first is the Nebula Image.

http://www.octagon-forum.com/index.php? ... -16-10-12/

Secondly you can try the Haarp Image. I prefer Nebula as it is in a more final form than what the others are. I have had no problems and key mapping seems to be on the ''T''. Havent had any problems so far.

http://www.hdfreaks.cc/index.php?page=T ... eadID=5797

and here is a more trusted and recommended site. Fortis for the skyway light.

http://fortisclub.com/en/file/category/ ... -7110.html

It is very possible to brick your box, Not with a different reseller ID version but with a software from the same reseller. For example installing miraclebox 6 plus firmware on the miraclebox 6 hd. Give it a try and you will see that it is indeed very possible. What box do you have? I'm glad to see that my tutorial has gone to good use. We need to get word out on these Miracleboxes so that support will expand and make it a lot easier for us who own these boxes.

Sincerely

PS, could you link me to the HDMU image? Would like to give that a go

Posted · Report post

Mate would you also post a tutorial on this forum explaining the USB method? Then post a link up here for all to redirect to. Would be great

Posted · Report post

I got the Octagon 918SE+ firmware up and running but I can't find a way to update the boot-loader to ver 6.46 (currently running 6.40).

1. How do I update the boot-loader without using a null-modem cable?

2. In the software download settings, what address do I enter to the Octagon 918SE+ fimware download server?

My best and thanks for a great job,

//Coolingen

Posted · Report post

As far as I understand mate, take the bootloader file, I think it ends in a .FAC. Put that file on a usb and plug it into your box. It will then pop up as a firmware update and you press the red download button. All done. Give it a try, remember to format the usb to fat32. Depends what you are wanting to do from the octagon server. It will be of no use if you are installing enigma 2. Hope that helps and you're welcome

Posted · Report post

I got the Octagon 918SE+ firmware up and running but I can't find a way to update the boot-loader to ver 6.46 (currently running 6.40).

1. How do I update the boot-loader without using a null-modem cable?

2. In the software download settings, what address do I enter to the Octagon 918SE+ fimware download server?

My best and thanks for a great job,

//Coolingen

https://www.dropbox.com/s/byfmlltq762fg ... .L6.46.zip

Download and unzip to a usb stick.

Power down your box, plug in usb, press and hold channel up and the bootloader update will start :)

Posted · Report post

My man here are a few sites you can try. The first is the Nebula Image.

http://www.octagon-forum.com/index.php? ... -16-10-12/

Secondly you can try the Haarp Image. I prefer Nebula as it is in a more final form than what the others are. I have had no problems and key mapping seems to be on the ''T''. Havent had any problems so far.

http://www.hdfreaks.cc/index.php?page=T ... eadID=5797

and here is a more trusted and recommended site. Fortis for the skyway light.

http://fortisclub.com/en/file/category/ ... -7110.html

It is very possible to brick your box, Not with a different reseller ID version but with a software from the same reseller. For example installing miraclebox 6 plus firmware on the miraclebox 6 hd. Give it a try and you will see that it is indeed very possible. What box do you have? I'm glad to see that my tutorial has gone to good use. We need to get word out on these Miracleboxes so that support will expand and make it a lot easier for us who own these boxes.

Sincerely

PS, could you link me to the HDMU image? Would like to give that a go

Ok, that places I already knowed about, tried both haarp and nebula but both are a little outdated :(

The hdmu version is updated almost every week :D

You can get the images here: http://images.hdmedia-universe.com/inde ... ir=hs7110/

I have the "first" miraclebox 6 just like you, your tutorial gave my box new life, was really sick of this shi*ty box but now its like a whole new box :) Thank you man. Let me now if you fint some new cool image in the future.

It´s so simple to try new images so i´ll try everything I find.

Posted · Report post

Mate would you also post a tutorial on this forum explaining the USB method? Then post a link up here for all to redirect to. Would be great

Will do when I get the time :D

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys,

rodak: Thank you for the link

I will try update tomorrow evening.

// Coolingen

Posted · Report post

Well I took me time and here it is (in Swedish):

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=2570

Feel free to translate to english if you want :D

But dont share to other forums since my dropbox may get overloaded ;)

Posted · Report post

Hi !

I have Optibox Gekko HD (sf918+) and finally updated bootloader from 6.40 to 6.46.
Copyed "uImage" and "root.img" to usb stick (tryed SanDisk16Gb, Sony 8gb, Kingston 4Gb), pushed CH- button while powering on, but will not boot in to Enigma2 (Hyperion v4.5, v5.4).

Any ideas ?

I also tried the HDClone null-modem way, but could not upload the pktloader62, and Enigma2 does not start ... waited 30 min ...