Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Boksi jumiuttuu 55 min. käynnistyksen jälkeen / The box freezes within 55 min. after being switched on.

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Thanks to the advice of "pnp" I was able to restore version MB9 SW V2.11.34 and get the box to work so and so (joten kuten).

Now I have another very strange problem: the picture freezes within 55-60 minutes. It is the same with cable or satellite transmission. It is the same on stand-by: after 55-60 minutes the clock stops.

In all cases I have to switch off then switch on the power (back button) to get it to work for about 55-60 minutes again.

What can that be? Have I missed something when resetting the configuration.

Posted · Report post

Just an idea: Do you have time shift enabled? I had a similar problem when i used time shift and accidentally the storage base used to record the time shift was getting full. It totally froze everything after certain time period. Now I use 30min time shift with dedicated USB stick of 16gigs put to backside of the receiver. There is no more any danger that it gets full. 30 mins is roughly 1 gig in SD transmission and double(?) in HD. 

So in theory that 55-60mins would mean roughly 2 gigs in SD transmission. If you have only 2 gigs space available and time shift setup is more than 1 hour it would do this. 

Posted · Report post

I will check this evening, but I have a 500 GB internal hard disk! And why would this happens also when the box is in stand-by (i.e. the clock stops after 55-60 minutes!).

Posted · Report post

Like i said. Just an idea. :) If you have 500 gigs for it. Perhaps this is not the problem you are experiencing. But it is worth to check it anyway for ruling out. Also make sure that if you use time shift, that the actual time shift recording is also really going to hard drive and nowhere else. I don't know if it is possible to record time shift by accident to flash memory for an example. But in theory, why not? 

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately your good advices did not help. Any other ideas? Any program running in the background? I am not very familiar with Linux but it must be something like that since the problem occurs also on stand-by.